|The Infernous as shown in Michael's Camera.|
|Controlled By|| The Carver (formerly)
The Infernous was created by The Carver sometime after he took his position as the Dekn Emperor. Its original purpose was to contain the essence, and torment, of the Arkn King Gilgamesh, after he was betrayed and killed by The Carver. Gilgamesh's fear and agony formed a living energy, which began molding the location. After Gilgamesh and his torment were sealed away, the Infernous was re-purposed as a general prison dimension: a place to contain anything and everything, except for The Carver himself. It is said that whoever has control over The Infernous, has control of the Dekn.
From the exterior, the Infernous often takes the form of an ordinary house. Sometimes, the entrance (or ante-room) will appear as the Garage of said house. Upon entering The Infernous, the physical body of an individual immediately dies (if they aren't dead already).
The realm itself is designed not only as a prison, but a type of Hell, created to mold one's fears into a living reality. During the initial molding, prisoners will typically experience multiple deaths or murders, before being allowed to realize that they are stuck. As this realization occurs, prisoners become increasingly aware of their entrapment. This stage is usually when The Carver will personally see to them, using the Shade technique; using this technique (and a vessel), The Carver will either torment the prisoner, or leave them to suffer alone in solitude (depending on his mood at the time). Generally, the Infernous will mold into the proper state of torment, in response to what is required to fulfill its goal (be it simple imprisonment, of a series of torturous scenarios).
There is no known way to enter The Infernous, save for being thrown in by the current owner. Furthermore, there is absolutely no way for a normal prisoner to willfully escape from The Infernous; if someone is in The Infernous, they will remain there until whoever threw them in decides to allow them out.
HOWEVER, there are several beings (aside from the current ruler) who have been able to bypass these rules and/or enter The Infernous at will:
- Malek (a fractured Hethe) is able to enter The Infernous to rescue Ellpagg.
- Ellpagg was able to escape from The Infernous (after absorbing power from The Carver). However, he is capable of becoming trapped there.
- Az'uh'ra'el, due to possessing free will (by unknown means) could apparently come and go as he pleased in the realm. (However, this is never shown.)
- Azrael Michaelis Winter (whose body was killed by his converged partner, Xerex) is able to freely enter and exit The Infernous after multiple eternities of training with Ellpagg. He uses his abilities to free numerous prisoners.
- Uriel is able to leave (and possibly enter) The Infernous at will, due to his connection with Gilgamesh and having been spawned there. A deal with The Carver additionally gave him control over his experiences in the realm – essentially giving him full control over the location.
Lahabrea(Released by Azrael)
Tobias Kestler(Released by Asmodeus)
Abaddon(Released by Azrael)
- Millions upon millions of unknown/unnamed Arkn and Dekn prisoners.